We are looking for a talented HR professional with an eye for talent acquisition to help Intellegens grow to the next level, supporting continued rapid growth as we build out the team across all areas of the business. We’ve established a fantastic team and built firm foundations with clients from world-leading product development organisations in sectors such as chemicals, materials, and manufacturing. Intellegens is now seeking to appoint an experienced full or part-time HR Manager to support its existing business and future plans.
This is a stand-alone role that would suit a dynamic, hard-working and hands-on HR professional with wide experience. The post-holder will have a positive, can-do attitude and will be able to demonstrate the ability to be effective within the context of a fast- growing deep tech software business.
About the role
- Provide advice to line managers, the CEO and other senior staff members and will work closely with the Finance Manager in relation to payroll activities.
- Liaising with relevant line managers on recruitment needs and ensuring all procedures are adhered to.
- Coordinating the advertisement of all vacancies and liaising with agencies or advertising companies.
- Organising and attending interviews with relevant managers.
- Taking up references for all potential new employees.
- Making job offers and preparing and issuing contracts for new employee.
- Taking overall responsibility for right to work checks before appointment commences and immigration issues, including for those on the points-based immigration system, and carrying out associated administration.
- Conducting induction of new employees.
Employee Relations, Performance and Case Work
- Co-ordinating Annual Appraisals.
- Managing and resolving changes to terms and conditions of employment, including holding consultation meetings.
- Advising staff on work-related problems and liaising pro-actively with line managers to resolve issue.
- Maintaining an organisational chart for Intellegens showing reporting lines for all staff.
- Liaising with line managers regarding confirmation or extension of the probationary periods Informing line managers of status changes for staff in relation to fixed-term contracts and salary increases, and preparing annual salary letters.
- Ensuring the retention of all previous employees’ personnel records and all applications for legally required timescales.
- Updating the Employee Handbook with changes in legislation and any new policies agreed by Intellegens.
- A willingness to undertake other reasonable and relevant duties as and when required.
What can we offer you?
- A great team culture and supportive working environment in our Cambridge office
- Flexibility and openness in our approach to your individual requirements
- Career development and mentorship opportunities to help you progress your career
- Cycle to work scheme
- Share Options
- The chance to work in an exciting technology company with interesting customers.
Intellegens has developed unique deep learning software that extracts value from sparse and noisy ‘real-world’ data. Our technology is applied to drive innovation and optimise products and processes in chemicals, materials, manufacturing and beyond. We work closely with customers who are leaders in their sectors to help them speed up R&D, deliver cleaner, more cost-effective, better products, and use their resources more efficiently. Originally a spin-out from Cambridge University, we retain a strong commitment to pushing the boundaries of machine learning while working on interesting customer projects, and providing a friendly, informal, and motivational work environment.