We are seeking a detail-oriented Finance Assistant to join our team. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for managing the day-to-day financial transactions of the company, including accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliations, and general ledger entries. The ideal candidate will have experience working with Xero accounting software and have a strong understanding of basic accounting principles.
This is a part time role, working 16-20 hours over the course of the working week.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage accounts payable and receivable functions
- Process and reconcile bank statements
- Perform daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks and responsibilities
- Record and reconcile general ledger entries
- Assist with the preparation of financial statements
- Prepare and file VAT returns
- Manage and maintain accurate financial records
- Supporting with the preparation of monthly payroll
- Provide support to the Head of Finance as needed
What makes you our next Finance Assistant
- Previous experience working in a finance or accounting role
- Strong understanding of basic accounting principles and procedures
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience using Xero accounting software
- Experienced with a scale up, technology/SaaS company
- Experience within a global business
- AAT (or similar)
What can we offer you?
- A competitive financial package – salary and share options
- 5 weeks annual leave pro rata, flexible leave policy
- A collaborative work environment with neither red tape nor bureaucracy
- Scope for career development as an early team member
- Support and resources to develop your skills and succeed in the role
- Hybrid working arrangements
- Access to an EAP, wellbeing champion, and financial advice
- Cycle scheme
At Intellegens we enable our customers to apply advanced machine learning methods, accelerating innovation in materials, chemicals, manufacturing, and beyond. Our software can extract hidden value from real-world experimental and process data, serving organisations such as NASA, Johnson Matthey, Boeing, and AstraZeneca. The results are: faster R&D; greener, more cost-effective, better products; and more efficient use of resources. Originally a spin-out from the University of Cambridge, we are at an exciting phase in our development, with well-established products and customers, ambitious growth plans including a recent move to our new headquarters in Cambridge, whilst expanding our team into the US. We push the boundaries of machine learning, while working on interesting projects in a friendly, informal, and motivational work environment.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV to email@example.com.
Please no recruitment agencies.
Back to Careers.