We are looking for an outgoing, driven person with a passion for technology and innovation who will contribute towards the continued acceleration of our growth. This role is critical to continuing the commercial success and scale of the business. This is a quota carrying role, working across multiple sectors and with customers ranging from start-up to global Enterprise organisations.
About the role
The primary focus of the Sales & Business Development Manager is to be responsible for targeting new business and growing key assigned accounts. You will engage with research and innovation professionals, who are keen to understand the business impact of applying AI and machine learning, and demonstrate the key advantages of our technology and products in the real world. You will become a key player in the commercial team, contributing towards the company’s growth and scale.
What makes you our next Sales and Business Development Manager
- At least 3 years experience in selling technical solutions
- Ability to identify business opportunities, develop and sign-up business prospects
- Creation, maintenance and expansion of relationships into target customers organisations
- Management and negotiation of commercial agreements, expansion and renewal contracts
- Ability to create account strategy, and account targets
- Communication of account status, progress, needs and roadblocks regularly with stakeholders
- Collation of market and competitor information and support product teams with positioning and feature planning
- Ability to collaborate with Science team to overcome customer’s technical requirements
- Be highly motivated, enthusiastic and results driven
- Be passionate about being a key contributor to the growth of the company
- A willingness to attend events, expo’s, and to undertake occasional travel
- Ability to translate technical features into tangible customer benefits
Autonomous and entrepreneurial mindset
- Background in industrial chemicals, materials, and/or pharma markets
- Strong academic background with degree in maths, science or engineering
What can we offer you?
- A competitive financial package – salary plus share options
- A collaborative, fast-paced work environment with neither red tape nor bureaucracy
- Scope for significant career development as an early team member
- Support and resources to develop your skills and succeed in the role
At Intellegens we enable our customers to apply advanced machine learning methods, accelerating innovation in materials, chemicals, manufacturing, and beyond. Our software can extract hidden value from real-world experimental and process data, serving organisations such as NASA, Johnson Matthey, Boeing, and AstraZeneca. The results are: faster R&D; greener, more cost-effective, better products; and more efficient use of resources. Originally a spin-out from the University of Cambridge, we are at an exciting phase in our development, with well-established products and customers and ambitious growth plans including a move to new headquarters in Cambridge and expanding our team into the US. We push the boundaries of machine learning, while working on interesting projects in a friendly, informal, and motivational work environment.
How to apply
Send a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please no recruitment agencies.
Back to Careers.