About the role
We are looking for a talented and motivated React developer who thrives on developing innovative and easy-to-use web applications for large complex data problems. You are independent, proactive, and know when to try new technologies and when to use off-the-shelf proven solutions. You also value teamwork and enjoy teaching others and learning from your co-workers. You have worked in close collaboration with scientists, backend developers, and end users and seen projects through from start to finish, managing deadlines and customer expectations.
At Intellegens, we are applying new machine learning methods to the next generation of material and chemical design software. Working with scientists to make new materials and chemicals cheaper, stronger, quicker and more environmentally friendly.
Alchemite Analytics is a full-stack Kubernetes web application. The backend of the platform is built with Python and Flask, providing a documented RESTful API, using Postgres and OpenSearch for the data layer and Redis as the queue processing, and third party services like CircleCI for continuous integration and Google Cloud for hosting the Kubernetes application. The frontend uses React and Typescript along TailwindCSS for utility-first styling and react-query as the data-synchronization system, as well as docker and Nginx to containerize the frontend application.
- Work on our Alchemite™ Analytics platform, turning new features into production-ready code
- Make technology decisions and contribute to product strategy
- Integrate with the wider tech team, frequently working with other team members to coordinate the development of a feature
- Test and bug fix our portfolio of products
- Work in an agile environment
- Modify, test, and implement UI components with complex state and design requirements on a day-to-day basis.
Requirements / experience
- 2+ years of experience in developing and shipping commercial React projects
- Strong HTML and CSS skills
- Knowledge of Git, node and npm/yarn
- Experience interfacing with a RESTful API backend service
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and relationship skills
- A collaborative mindset and an interest to learn skills outside your immediate comfort zone.
Intellegens has developed unique deep learning software that extracts value from sparse and noisy ‘real-world’ data. Our technology is applied to drive innovation and optimise products and processes in chemicals, materials, manufacturing and beyond. We work closely with customers who are leaders in their sectors to help them speed up R&D, deliver cleaner, more cost-effective, better products, and use their resources more efficiently. Originally a spin-out from Cambridge University, we retain a strong commitment to pushing the boundaries of machine learning while working on interesting customer projects, and providing a friendly, informal, and motivational work environment.